Friday 25 April 2014

4. How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?



List of technologies used:
  • Social Media
    • Blogger- helped a great deal in the organisation and layout of my work, in all of the stages of production. It allowed me to update my work, and write a planning process for the production of my video. It allowed me to keep track of the work I had already done, as well as look back at the brief to see if I was still meeting it. Blogger is also very useful as it allows you to embed links to videos, presentations, Prezis as well as feature pictures, that I could scan in or get off the internet. 
    • YouTube 


    • Google- this played an important role in the research stage of my music video as it allowed me to access loads of different sites/information about different bands and music videos I was researching. 
    • DaFont- this is a website that features lots of different fonts that are free to use. I used this for my ancillary texts as I found the fonts featured on Photoshop were not really eye catching for my ancillary texts. I used a font called 'Moon Flower' on both the digipak and the magazine advert, which helped create a house style for both my ancillarys and allow my audience to establish the connection between the two. 
  • Other technologies:

    • Camera (Nikon L120 and Sony Handycam HD)
    • Macbook Pro (for editing and some evaluation and research and planning)
    • iMovie (for editing first draft) 
    • Photoshop CS5 (for ancillary texts)

    • Video Camera on iPhone (for filming audience feedback)
    • Mircrosoft Word- was particularly useful in producing the questionnaires for my audience feedback




Below is a Prezi with an outline of all the technologies I used in all stages of creating my final product, as well as the ancillary texts, with an explanation of why they were useful and the effect they had on my final product:






No comments:

Post a Comment