Saturday 26 April 2014

3. What have you learned from your audience feedback?

How I went about my audience feedback

  • I got audience feedback from both my final draft as well as my first draft of my music video, to find out what people thought of the first draft and then what they thought of the final music video.
  • The feedback from my first draft allowed me to see what changes I needed to make in order to make my final music video more successful and effective.
  • Here are the questions that I asked to a group of 5 random people from my target audience age range:


Age:

What do you think of the footage so far?




Do you think it is interesting to watch?




Would you watch it again?





What areas would you improve, and why?








In order to get a proper representation of what my target audience thought the final draft of my music video, I created questionnaires to hand out to a group of 10 people (of both genders and a variety of ages) in order to find out their opinions of my music videos, and any changes/improvements that they thought could be made to it. I decided to use a bigger sample for my final music video questionnaire because this is the most important video I have made, and so I wanted to get a larger sample in order to get a truer representation of what my audience thought of my video.
The Questionnaire:



















The Results:




From these results I found that overall people from my sample audience enjoyed the video. Although certain people commented that it was not the genre of music they listened to, I thought my video was quite successful among them nevertheless. Some commented on the overall quality of the footage with some responded to the question "Do you think the overall quality of the footage is good?" with:

"In some parts yes, some are a bit unfocused
and
"Sometimes is a bit blurry, but some is good"
From these comments in particular I have learnt that my footage was not the best possible quality it could be, mostly due to the rushing of the filming. However, there were also some positive comments on my video. For example, with quite a few people commenting on how they liked the use of the taxis and the subways in my video, and one person replied to the question: "Do you think the camera movements/frames/shots go with the beat of the music?" with "yeah it flowed quite well". 
Overall from this questionnaire I have learnt that people did enjoy watching my video and have pointed out specific bits that they especially enjoyed watching, however, I have also learnt that if I were to do my video again I would need to make the overall quality of the footage a lot better in order to try and make it look like a 'conventional' music video and to make it more successful among my target audience. 


Overall What I Have Learnt From My Audience Research...
Doing the audience research for both my first and final draft was very useful in the production of both videos. After gaining feedback from my first draft it made me aware of what to change to make my video more effective and enjoyable for my audience to watch. It also made me realise certain areas of my video that were very poor and needed changing. For example, the footage of the Statue of Liberty was horizontal, which did not look good, and the zoom on it was very shakey as it was handheld camera. So when it came to making the next draft of my video I decided to get rid of the footage, as I realised it was not something that looked like a conventional shot in a music video and is not something my audience would enjoy watching.
I also noted that the overall quality of my footage was not as good as it should/could be, however, this was one aspect of the video that would have been very difficult for me to change without changing the whole of the video as it would have meant starting my filming all over again as I would not have been able to go back to New York to film. However, I did my best to improve the quality by getting rid of certain scenes that were just very poor quality (as mentioned above) and by repeating some of the footage (in different ways though so it does not look too repetitive).



No comments:

Post a Comment